29 March 2012

Sacrifice is Going On Tonight

The Number of the Beast
March 22, 1982

Everyone that listens to metal loves Iron Maiden unconditionally. I personally think they're a wee bit overrated, but the first three albums at least had some reputable significance. I'm not going to write much about this one. It's a classic, that's a fact. It's influence is inarguable. I prefer the more raw and aggressive style of metal, early Priest, Angel Witch, Motörhead, Diamond Head, Venom, etc. But because of bands like Iron Maiden, I can publicly flaunt my love of grimness without the one-way ticket to shrink town. And I do have a soft spot for genuine heavy metal, and 35 years ago The Number of the Beast was a legitimate threat. To someone out there, anyways. Oh well, today I'm spinning it again and not thinking twice. Bottoms up.


Invaders by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark
Children Of The Damned by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark
The Prisoner by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark
22 Acacia Avenue by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark
The Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark
Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark
Gangland by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark
Hallowed be Thy Name by Iron Maiden on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment