9 March 2012

I Lose, You Win

D.R.I. (USA)
Crossover
March 9, 1987

Let me break it to you. I don't listen to much hardcore. I never liked how politically engaged punk was, I couldn't see through the dress code, and could never grasp the individualities (or lack thereof) of the songs themselves. They all kind of blended together to me. Not to mention that the skids and burnouts who endorsed the genre where I grew up were the most worthless, whiny, dirty, rotten imbeciles I came across. Well, some things change. No, I still don't listen to much hardcore, but when I do, it's got to be dark, it's got to be bold, and it's got to have some kind of crossover appeal with metal. Personal taste. So DRI is one of my go-to bands for a good skate thrash beatdown. These guys thrash hard. Their metal cred is substantial, they literally (supposedly) coined the term 'Crossover', inevitably leading to the -core suffix thrown about all over the place in today's metal world, they were signed to Metal Blade, Slayer were fans, etc. The message is positive, the tunes are gnarly, fuck the system, fuck religion, and fuck the man. Listen to D.R.I.



The Five Year Plan by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Tear It Down by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
A Coffin by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Probation by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
I.D.K.Y. by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Decisions by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Hooked by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Go Die by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Redline by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
No Religion by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Fun & Games by D.R.I. on Grooveshark
Oblivion by D.R.I. on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment